NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Monday, August 09, 2004

THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST


There are days when I swear I could fly like an eagle
I feel no one can stop me and that the sky is the limit
And dark desperate hours that nobody sees
When I cry and try to believe that all has not really been fake

My arms stretched triumphant on top of the mountain
My head in my hands...down on my knees

I've walked in darkness and stumbled with treasure
I've gone to bed dreaming of love only to wake up with lies
What's it all worth only the heart can measure
It's not what's in the picture...but what's left inside

Sometimes it's a piece of cake
Sometimes it's a bitch
Sometimes it's red roses
Sometimes it's just shit

Sometimes we can be heroes just for one day
Sometimes the picture just ain't what it seems
Sometimes you walk through rainbows and castles of candy
Sometimes it's the same old story all over again
Sometimes love's blind
Sometimes it sees everything

Sometimes your messages get across
Sometimes you what you write runs into a wall
Sometimes you pray for the morning to arrive soon
Sometimes you pray for it not to

Sometimes you need a little angel's touch
Sometimes all you get is a pad on the back

Sometimes it's a bitch
Sometimes it's a breeze

Sometimes you don't know who is the beauty and who is the beast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home