NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Monday, July 19, 2004

HOMEWARD BOUND


Been on the road too long.. I went off to fight some battle
that I had invented inside my head... Away so long for years and years
You probably thought or even wished that I was dead...

I've been on the road too long... Been tired and broke too long... I've been to the south where the winds were warm...Travelling the road of no return too long... And I've seen what was war - The ruins and scars... The mansions of mud, the wounds and the blood... Seen the dying of all that was good...

I haven't had a good night's rest in ages... I'm tired of eating bad cafeteria food... I'm behind on my bills because I just spent a hundred dollars on a stripper to have the illusion that I'm special... The road goes forever on and the party never stops... seen a million places... but after a while and a thousand miles... it all becomes the same.

Home, don't it seems so far away?... Tonight I'll sing my songs again,
I'll play the game and pretend... But all my words come back to me in shades of mediocrity... I'll need someone to comfort me....

This prison has now become my home... A price I seem to be prepared to pay... After all home is just an illusion of permanence and security and identity... Nothing more than where you park your house revealing yourself naked and truthful... Home is where your fart is... and it's good to be back home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home