NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Saturday, June 26, 2004

THE SILENCE BETWEEN


I.

The silence between the notes are as important as the notes themselves. And it is the silence between the notes that gives them meaning and grace. ~ Mozart.

Silence is very imporant. There is the silence between two noises, the silence between two notes and the widening silence in the interval between two thoughts. There is that peculiar, quiet, pervading silence that comes of an evening at the beach; the silence in a house when everybody has gone to sleep, and its peculiar emphasis when you wake up in the middle of the night and listen to the bark of a dog in the distance; There is the silence of an old deserted house, and the silence of a mountain; the silence between two human beings when they have seen the same thing, felt the same thing, and acted.

There is the silence of the mind which is never touched by any noise, by any thought or by the passing wind of experience. It is this silence that is innocent, and so endless. When action springs from this silence of the mind, it does not cause confusion or misery.

There can not be music without silence just as there can not be light without darkness, pleasure without pain, life without death, love without hate, good without evil, innocense without lust, bravery without fear...

II.

I am very afraid. I'm a grown man and do not admit this easily, but I find I cannot avoid it any longer. I have never felt this way before. I have been disappointed, incredulous, angered, frustrated, nonplussed and saddened, but never really and purely afraid.

I need comfort, I need shelter, I need healing for my soul
I need God to send me down one of his angels to give me hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home