NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

STREELIGHT PEOPLE


Just a small town girl
Living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere


Tired... tired of having the same money issues month after month after month... tired of stretching the ever shrinking paycheck just to make ends meet... tired of having nothing to show for... no new car... no new house... no new wife... no new nothing... tired of spending every dime that I can get a hold on in consummables: food, gas and debts and bills... tired of paying debts... tired of wondering where the supermarket money for next weekend is going to come from... tired of not knowing what to do... tired of nobody caring... tired of being tired...

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on


Fed up... fed up of not being able to do what I want to do... fed up of not being able to sleep when I want to sleep... fed up of not being able to eat when I want to eat... fed up of not being able to watch a movie when I want to... fed up of not getting a long warm hug and a loving kiss at the end of a hard day... fed up of not sleeping well... fed up of not being happy... fed up of being hurt... fed up of being second choice... fed up of being fed up...

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night


Desperate... desperate to believe that love will overcome circumstances and pain... desperate to fall in love again... desperate to feel that the promise of a brand new day is enough to keep on fighting... desperate for this underdog to win at the end... desperate for things going my way for a change... desperate for something to happen... anything... desperate to stop being desperate...

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on


The song haunts me... it's everywhere I go... I've heard it unintentionally at least 10 times in the last week... on the radio, at the coffee shop, on TV, at the movies... at first, I thought it was for somebody else... but then I realized it was for me... just when I'm thinking of taking drastic measures to get out of the slime and mud... just when I had lost all faith in everything and everybody... I think somebody is trying to tell me something...

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home