NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Thursday, June 17, 2004

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE


Some things never cease to amaze me....

How is it that each and everytime my life seems on the verge of break down, the simple things make everything better and put a smile on my face without a sound?

An emerald gaze, a loving whisper, a comforting hug, and a sweet soft kiss. All those things helps me through one more day and makes my life seem worth while.

I was torn between what was and what could be, like my heart was clinging on to the past. My heart had been shattered in a million pieces, but when a pair of wings hold me tight, I feel safe, as a newborn child.

Some things never cease to amaze me....

How is it possible that sometimes a child gives you more love in 5 minutes than a adult can show you in an hour?

Some things never cease to amaze me...

the human capacity for tolerance of crappy situations: relationships, family lunches, conversations. Why do we waste our time on things that we know are not right or that we do not enjoy? We find this coping mechanism inside ourselves that allows us to tolerate these things, and this applies to the deepest and shallowest of situations. On the deeper end, relationships: people staying together "for the kids" or for fear of hurting the other person. On the shallow end: parties or social situations where you walk in and know, you just know, it's going to suck. There will be no one there to talk to, save one or two of your friends if they happen to be in attendance. But you stay because you don't want to offend anyone, or seem rude.

Why, why, why, do we waste our time on things that are unpleasant? Jobs that we hate, family things that we are not having fun at, relationships that go nowhere and the like?! Why do we not just leave? For some reason, humans have developed this social code that forces us do things that we do not want to do. Why would we do that? Why do we glorify it and call it commitment or responsibility or social graces? Why? Our lives are so short, and yet we waste them in so many ways.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my open mind
Posessing and caressing me ... jai guru deva om
Nothing's gonna change my world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home