NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Sunday, August 22, 2004

AT THE END OF THE DAY

All that we can do is just survive... All that we can do to help ourselves is stay alive
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed... A wound that will not heal ... A heart that cannot feel
Hoping that the horror will recede.... Hoping that tomorrow we’ll all be freed

Time is my greatest enemy...
Sometimes I wish I could rope it in, tie it in, and hold it back from moving on...
It seems that I waste a lot of time waiting everyday... I begin the day waiting...

Waiting for seconds to become minutes and for minutes to become hours...
Then, I spend my day waiting... for the phone calls that never come in...
for the e-mail that never arrive... for the world that never turns...
I hear the sound of gunfire at the prison gate...
Are the liberators here? Do I hope or do I fear?
Days and weeks and months go by...

Don’t feel the hunger... Too weak to cry

One of my favorite authors once talked about
The time we waste staring at the floor when we could be saying "I love you"...

Everyday I drive home... angered at myself... disgusted with myself...
Thinking about all the time I wasted on chimaeras... losing battles before they even started...
All the hugs I wanted to give, but didn't... all the asses I wanted to grab, but didn't...
All the things I wanted to say, but didn't... all the things I wanted to do, but didn't...
All the battles I could have fought, but didn't... all the kisses I should have given, but didn't...
All I the "I love you's" I should have said, but didn't... all the time I wasted staring at the floor...

At the end of the day you're another day older... and that's all you can say for the life of the poor
It's a struggle, it's a war... and there's nothing that anyone's giving
One more day standing about, what is it for? One day less to be living.

At the end of the day you're another day colder...
At the end of the day you're just a little bit balder...
At the end of the day you get nothing for nothing..
At the end of the day it's another day over.

At the end of the day,
You're mine and mine alone for about an hour or an hour an half...
You know everything there is to know about me...
At the end of the day,
I tell you about my problems, my hopes and my fears...
You know all about my money worries, my mental breakdowns,
My love songs, my dreams, my plans and my aspirations....
At the end of the day,
You know just what to do...
'Cause in my darkest hour... in my moment of greatest desperation...
You hold my hand... you smile... you laugh...
And that beautiful gleam in your eye let's me know every little thing's gonna be alright...
At the end of the day,
I watch you sleep placidly in my arms...
And for a moment, the end of the day is the best part of the day...
Out on the ocean sailing away...
I can hardly wait to see you come of age...
But I guess we’ll both just have to be patient’ cause it’s a long way to go
Before you cross the street... Take my hand
Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans
My beautiful, beautiful boy...

This blog was based and / or inspired on songs by Rush, Joaquin Sabina, Triumph, John Lennon and from "Les Miserables"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home