NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen
I am the man who came to sing
Sometimes my voice gets lost in the night
Sometimes people listen to me.

Please lend me your eyes for a while
so that the words of this story
won't just be written on the wind
I have a tale for you...
The fable of the cricket and the sea.

A cricket used to live in the forest
Under a big old tree
At night, he would join other crickets
who sang in the corn field
songs that changed
according to the season of the year

And the other crickets would tell him
"Hey you sing pretty well...
You're wasting your time singing here
You ought to sing to something greater
You ought to sing to the sea"

And the cricket one day
decided to heed his friends' advice
and dreams of glory then filled his nights

And finally our cricket made it to the sea
and started to sing for hours and hours
but the sea just kept on roaring and roaring
ignoring the cricket who stood before it

And when the night came,
the cricket had lost his voice
just as it happens to me sometimes
because sometimes I am the cricket of the story
Guess who the sea is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home