NIFOC

Don't understand what's going on
Woke up this morning,
All the hurt was gone
This is a new beginning
I'm back in the land of the living

Sunday, April 20, 2003

HEAVEN and HELL


Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste…


Isn’t it funny how we again and again play with fire knowing damn well we’re gonna get burned? And when we do get burned, we count the seconds to do it all again… isn’t it sick how easily we learn to love the delicious pain of a good burn?

We all do it, don’t we?

We are willing to endure hours of excruciating heartburn to satisfy our pork rind or big mac or chili craving… we are willing to risk possible intoxication just to have a chucheca cocktail in a sleazy bar in the middle of central market… we overlook the fact that the new shinny credit card, bank loan or store credit we just got will choke us to death at the end of the month just to get that brand new DVD player or cell phone or designer cologne or whatever superfluous thing we just have to have this week… we attempt again and again to fight battles we know damn well we can’t win…

to dream the impossible dream… to bear with unbearable sorrow… to right the unrightable wrong…

we just close our eyes, cross our fingers and toes, hope against all hope for the best, and make that leap of fate into that undiscovered country… into that deep pool we know damn well has been empty for weeks…

How far can we go?

Just when we think we have hit rock bottom, we discover to our amazement that indeed we can go lower… and lower… and then, we look around and ask ourselves… “Well, how did I get here?”

And you may ask yourself where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?


Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners Saints

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home